Rumour Central says Fusion-io just got a $45m-$47m injection of funds in a C-round of investment. Fusion-io is the supplier of PCIe bus-connected ioDrive and ioDuo flash solid state drives (SSD) using both single and multi-level cell flash. It has recently promoted its co-founder and chief technology officer David Flynn to the …
Happy they got their money - but spending 45M in 13 months?
Always good to see funding activity.
But 13 months ago Fusion-io got 45M. That is burning 3.4m/month which is crazy.
They operated on a bridge loan for the last 6 weeks or so and things were tight.
Chris - have you asked about this? Gonna be very hard to be profitable if burning cash at this rate.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'