Rumour Central says Fusion-io just got a $45m-$47m injection of funds in a C-round of investment. Fusion-io is the supplier of PCIe bus-connected ioDrive and ioDuo flash solid state drives (SSD) using both single and multi-level cell flash. It has recently promoted its co-founder and chief technology officer David Flynn to the …
Happy they got their money - but spending 45M in 13 months?
Always good to see funding activity.
But 13 months ago Fusion-io got 45M. That is burning 3.4m/month which is crazy.
They operated on a bridge loan for the last 6 weeks or so and things were tight.
Chris - have you asked about this? Gonna be very hard to be profitable if burning cash at this rate.
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?
- Review 'Mommy got me an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000 for Xmas!' South Park: Stick of Truth
- The land of Milk and Sammy: Free music app touted by Samsung
- Privacy warriors lob sueball at Facebook buyout of WhatsApp