Slim down those controllers! A return to thin controller arrays is being advised by Xiotech, which wants us to get away from the current 'fat controller' syndrome. The idea is that too much functionality has been pushed down the storage stack and both modular and monolithic arrays now do fancy things like zero space reclaimation …
Xiotech has a fat controller
it's called the Emprise 7000, sure it's not quite the same as a 3PAR controller but the concept is similar, they aggregate many ISE systems behind a single Emprise 7000 system.
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES on 24 July
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR