back to article Sony Ericsson turns in a...profit

Sony Ericsson is celebrating a first quarter which saw the company making money, despite selling almost a third fewer handset than this time last year. Sony Ericsson was expected to lose money this quarter: a Reuters poll of analysts averaged the expected loss at €157m. But the company has rather surprised the market by …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. It'sa Mea... Mario
    Happy

New 'P' range phone in the future plans then?

I Wonder if that means they might finally update the P800/P900/P910/P990 range of phones that were touchscreen before the iPhone and all the 'me toos' (albeit not the multitouch type at the time). Applications for it were a bit pricey back then though, given the average lifespan of mobile phones.

Just in case nobody from SE read my previous El Reg comment on the matter (and do happen to read this one), as well as being very interested in an update to the 'P' range I would definately buy (if done right) an updated Sony J5..

It should be very similar form factor but with internal arial, colour screen which may as well be touch I guess but only for simple controls* - screen to small for complicated stuff, Definately should have the five-way jog dial. It should not try and be all things 'Social' (unless it's very subtle and not just in the way for those that don't use MyTwitBook etc)

2. bigben

Updated 'P' range

To add to the above post. I would like a device that uses the keyboard from the P1, possibly the best implementation of a handset QWERTY keyboard I have used. So good in fact my newer Xperia X1 is back in the drawer in favour of the P1 despite the latter offering far fewer features.

3. Mark2410

remake the P990i

i wish they would remake the P990i but with more up to date internals, UIQ or android would do lovely on it but so long as there is not all this "social media" carp on it. SE your customers arent all 12 year olds so please can we maybe have a grown up phone that you havent ruined by sticking winmob on it?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

P800 Glory Days

Bring back the P800/P900/P910/P990? Does that mean they would have to bring back all the guys that lost their jobs when they closed the Warrington (Smartphone) office. Good old days. :)

5. Justin Clements

whilst we're at it

any chance of the W890i being updated soon please as mine is definitely dying.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like