Firms are falling over themselves to cash in on the Fifa World Cup. TomTom today was the latest manufacturer to pledge to refund the purchase price on one of its offerings if England wins the international soccer tournament. By a TomTom Go 550 satnav between now and 8 June, and you'll get your money back if Rooney and Co. carry …
Anyone remeber Hoover's free holiday promotion?
Are these "free stuff if England wins" offers going to require a tortuous amount of form-filling, in the hope that people will forget or get bored or fail to jump through the correct sequence of hoops before any money is refunded?
the manufacturers' money is safe
who gives a shit? it doesn't matter how complicated the forms are or aren't. fabio's bunch of overhyped duffers and donkeys are not going to win. they never have - dodgy penalties and rule bending in 1966 aside - and never will. they'll be back from south africa before their postcards.
paris icon because she's sure to score at the world cup.
Since when has a win
Been a fail.
So if you have the funds you could buy the kit and lay the England win for the same price on a betting exchange.
Free stuff _unless_ England wins seems like a better option.
Must be possible to finesse this further.
wot he said
The English national team always plays below its potential so this is just a good way to get the knuckledraggers to buy some gear.
Club before country!
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor