Games retailer GameStation has claimed that it owns the immortal souls of 7500 punters who purchased goods from its website earlier this month. It said it mentioned this fact because it shows that rather a lot of consumers don't bother to check retailers' terms and conditons before making a purchase. In fact, it said, 88 per …
Why should a consumer read the Ts & Cs, when...
...they're so well protected by vigorous and activist legislating and enforcement, such as the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations, and the Distance Selling Regulations, and the Sale of Goods Act?
If you're a BUSINESS, then that's a completely different kettle of fish, but as for internet purchases for consumers, from a UK retailer, particularly if you're paying by credit card, well...
- Acorn founder: SIXTH WAVE of tech will wash away Apple, Intel
- Analysis BlackBerry Messenger unleashed: Look out Twitter and Facebook
- Comment Mobile tech destroys the case for the HS2 £multi-beellion train set
- Nine-year-old Opportunity Mars rover sets NASA distance record
- Things that cost the same as coffee with Tim Cook - and are WAY more fun