Games retailer GameStation has claimed that it owns the immortal souls of 7500 punters who purchased goods from its website earlier this month. It said it mentioned this fact because it shows that rather a lot of consumers don't bother to check retailers' terms and conditons before making a purchase. In fact, it said, 88 per …
Why should a consumer read the Ts & Cs, when...
...they're so well protected by vigorous and activist legislating and enforcement, such as the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations, and the Distance Selling Regulations, and the Sale of Goods Act?
If you're a BUSINESS, then that's a completely different kettle of fish, but as for internet purchases for consumers, from a UK retailer, particularly if you're paying by credit card, well...
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs