NextIO has inked a deal with Fusion-io to produce a 5TB flash SAN to share flash storage between connected servers. NextIO started out as a producer of switches that virtualise PCIE connections and represent a bunch of servers with access to Fibre Channel, Ethernet, InfinBand etc through a single switched PCIe box. It then …
Wow! Someone beats Sun by 6% a half year later!
It seems a vendor has finally caught up to Sun's acceleration posted 6 months ago. The 1.6 million IOPS elephant in the room not mentioned by The Register was Oracle/Sun.
It looks like Oracle/Sun F5100 released last year was beaten by 0.1 Million IOPS with an addition 1TB of flash!
This really was a close specification comparison. It is good to see some competition (<10%) in the flash market. It looks like the required 25% flash a half year later.
Very odd that that The Register did not mention the former market leader - the article looks more like a press release than a news article.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders
- Pics Audio fans, prepare yourself for the Second Coming ... of Blu-ray
- Microsoft: Windows version you probably haven't upgraded to yet is ALREADY OBSOLETE