Miscreants are highly likely to take advantage of Twitter's move towards making money through ad-supported micro-blogging updates, security watchers warn. Twitter co-founder Biz Stone announced on Tuesday that the micro-blogging service would begin selling advertising to select firms through a newly-established Promoted Tweet …
Internet in 'used for devious purposes' shocker?
May I be the first to say....
Firefox, adblock, etc. etc.
Fireblock won't help
because of the way the ads are inserted in the search stream you can't block them at a proxy level, but... a greasemonkey script might be able to find and hide 'em
211, something you can feel and taste.
- Google: Surge in pressure from govts to DELETE CHUNKS of the web
- How much did NSA pay to put a backdoor in RSA crypto? Try $10m – report
- Updated ARM server chip upstart Calxeda bites the dust in its quest for 64-bit glory
- Macbook webcams CAN spy on you - and you simply CAN'T TELL
- Geek's Guide to Britain Mosquitoes, Comets and Vampires: The de Havilland Museum