Miscreants are highly likely to take advantage of Twitter's move towards making money through ad-supported micro-blogging updates, security watchers warn. Twitter co-founder Biz Stone announced on Tuesday that the micro-blogging service would begin selling advertising to select firms through a newly-established Promoted Tweet …
Internet in 'used for devious purposes' shocker?
May I be the first to say....
Firefox, adblock, etc. etc.
Fireblock won't help
because of the way the ads are inserted in the search stream you can't block them at a proxy level, but... a greasemonkey script might be able to find and hide 'em
211, something you can feel and taste.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Pic 7 AMAZING experiments set for Mars Rover 2020 – including oxygen generation
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs