Humax set-top boxes will soon provide access to Sky's Sky Player service, the two companies said today. An upcoming firmware update for Humax's HD-Fox T2 Freeview HD receiver - reviewed here - will allow users to view live programmes and catch-up content transmitted by Sky through its answer to BBC iPlayer. The follow-up to the …
This is Sky's attempt to make Freeview not free.
Round 1 to Sky.
Freeview is still free, this is just an optional addition to one brand of Freeview HD compatible boxes. Round 1 Draw ;)
And Humax's Freesat boxes?
or would that be a bit too close to home for Sky?
..Not that I would be likely to subscribe anyway but Freesat need to make more of an effort, good to see that they have a tv advert now at least
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON