Humax set-top boxes will soon provide access to Sky's Sky Player service, the two companies said today. An upcoming firmware update for Humax's HD-Fox T2 Freeview HD receiver - reviewed here - will allow users to view live programmes and catch-up content transmitted by Sky through its answer to BBC iPlayer. The follow-up to the …
This is Sky's attempt to make Freeview not free.
Round 1 to Sky.
Freeview is still free, this is just an optional addition to one brand of Freeview HD compatible boxes. Round 1 Draw ;)
And Humax's Freesat boxes?
or would that be a bit too close to home for Sky?
..Not that I would be likely to subscribe anyway but Freesat need to make more of an effort, good to see that they have a tv advert now at least
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs