Humax set-top boxes will soon provide access to Sky's Sky Player service, the two companies said today. An upcoming firmware update for Humax's HD-Fox T2 Freeview HD receiver - reviewed here - will allow users to view live programmes and catch-up content transmitted by Sky through its answer to BBC iPlayer. The follow-up to the …
This is Sky's attempt to make Freeview not free.
Round 1 to Sky.
Freeview is still free, this is just an optional addition to one brand of Freeview HD compatible boxes. Round 1 Draw ;)
And Humax's Freesat boxes?
or would that be a bit too close to home for Sky?
..Not that I would be likely to subscribe anyway but Freesat need to make more of an effort, good to see that they have a tv advert now at least
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook