Humax set-top boxes will soon provide access to Sky's Sky Player service, the two companies said today. An upcoming firmware update for Humax's HD-Fox T2 Freeview HD receiver - reviewed here - will allow users to view live programmes and catch-up content transmitted by Sky through its answer to BBC iPlayer. The follow-up to the …
This is Sky's attempt to make Freeview not free.
Round 1 to Sky.
Freeview is still free, this is just an optional addition to one brand of Freeview HD compatible boxes. Round 1 Draw ;)
And Humax's Freesat boxes?
or would that be a bit too close to home for Sky?
..Not that I would be likely to subscribe anyway but Freesat need to make more of an effort, good to see that they have a tv advert now at least
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...