A secret bidder has made an unexpected high-value acquisition offer for data protection vendor Double-Take Software. Double-Take replicates a physical or virtual server's disk writes to a remote machine or the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud for disaster recovery purposes. The firm also has some server virtualisation management …
Geo Cluster ****
I had the misfortune of using Double Takes Geo Cluster software on a SQL install which was and still is to this day the worst software purchase that I ever made. It never worked. Never! No one at Double Take or the team in the Data Centre could get it relplcating data. I wouldnt give tuppence for it.
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Intel's Raspberry Pi rival Galileo can now run Windows
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers