US brokerage D.A. Davidson has agreed to pay $375,000 to settle charges that lax security practices allowed criminal hackers from Latvia to pilfer the confidential information of some 192,000 of its customers. The charges stem from an attack on December 25 and 25, 2007, in which the hackers downloaded the confidential data by …
Your credentials are worth...
... not even two dollars to your broker. Probably less than the black market would pay at that.
If I was one of those vicims, I'd demand my two dollars.
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market
- NASA to reformat Opportunity rover's memory from 125 million miles away