back to article Microsoft, Adobe, Oracle unite with massive patch batch

It was an extreme version of Patch Tuesday as Microsoft, Adobe Systems, and Oracle released updates that fixed dozens of critical vulnerabilities in their wares. As part of Microsoft's monthly patch regimen, the software giant issued 11 updates that patched a total of 25 bugs. At least three of the vulnerabilities resided in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. heyrick Silver badge

Thanks for the head's up...

...I'll now wait a couple of days to see that there are no, um... side effects.

2. Dan 55 Silver badge
    FAIL

Adobe update

Run Reader, search for updates, updater says update downloaded and ready to be installed, hit button. Updater says it can't install update.

Maybe better luck next time.

3. Livinglegend
    WTF?

Update: Oh No! Restore again.

Updated all patches and restarted. Now I am unable to access any folders on the desktop. When I click on a desktop folder all I get is MS Onenote opening full of blank pages, the desktop folder options all appear to be messed up, so Restore gets used again.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Adobe reader - not suitable for business use

Yeah, I really want 700 desktops individually pulling down a 12MB update from the Adobe servers over our internet connection. NOT!

An awful lot of companies run Windows Update Servers. If Adobe is serious about getting security updates out in a timely manner in commecial environments, it should package it's updates and provide documentation for adding them to a WSUS server. If it doesn't, someone will release a "no-frills" PDF viewer that does the job for for 95% users. Right now, Foxit just doesn't have the "mind-share" (who the hell are they, and can I trust them), but if Microsoft, Google, Oracle or Mozilla did, Adobe's reader would lose 50% of it's coverage in a matter of weeks.

This topic is closed for new posts.