Last week in a secret central London studio, somewhere beneath the bells of St Pauls, a crack squad of desktop experts gathered round the fireside for a mid-afernoon discussion on the desktop refresh. The Register’s own incomparable host Tim Phillips chaired the discussion, and he was joined on our new comfy chairs by our old …
Welcome to the Twenty Tens
Exactly the same as the Nineteen Nineties!
Here in 2010 we still need to do full clean reinstalls just like we did in the '90s!
No evolutionary upgrades for us, it's all REVOLUTIONARY baby!
Yay for monoculture, monopoly and vendor lockin!
Now, get those forklifts started boys, Monkey Boy needs a new Yacht!
- Vid Hubble 'scope scans 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Apple to grieving sons: NO, you cannot have access to your dead mum's iPad