Last week in a secret central London studio, somewhere beneath the bells of St Pauls, a crack squad of desktop experts gathered round the fireside for a mid-afernoon discussion on the desktop refresh. The Register’s own incomparable host Tim Phillips chaired the discussion, and he was joined on our new comfy chairs by our old …
Welcome to the Twenty Tens
Exactly the same as the Nineteen Nineties!
Here in 2010 we still need to do full clean reinstalls just like we did in the '90s!
No evolutionary upgrades for us, it's all REVOLUTIONARY baby!
Yay for monoculture, monopoly and vendor lockin!
Now, get those forklifts started boys, Monkey Boy needs a new Yacht!
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Product round-up The Glorious Resolution: Feast your eyes on 5 HiDPI laptops