Vodafone has been working with Opera to customise Opera Mini for use on its networks in the developing world, pushing the mobile internet to those unfamiliar with the fixed alternative. The project will roll out in India, South Africa, Turkey, Tanzania and Egypt, and involves providing the Java-based Opera Mini along with …
What advertising-based revenue model?
And Opera Turbo isn't Opera Mini. I think the writer of this blog doesn't quite know what Opera is. Turbo is the compression technology that has been at the heart of Opera Mini for many years placed into the desktop versions for the benefit of laptop and netbook users on slow wireless connections or dialup users in poor countries and remote areas.
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Review Pixel mania: Apple 27-inch iMac with 5K Retina display
- NASA: Spacecraft crash site FOUND ON MOON RIM
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- Google's Mr Roboto Andy Rubin bids sayonara to Chocolate Factory