Vodafone has been working with Opera to customise Opera Mini for use on its networks in the developing world, pushing the mobile internet to those unfamiliar with the fixed alternative. The project will roll out in India, South Africa, Turkey, Tanzania and Egypt, and involves providing the Java-based Opera Mini along with …
What advertising-based revenue model?
And Opera Turbo isn't Opera Mini. I think the writer of this blog doesn't quite know what Opera is. Turbo is the compression technology that has been at the heart of Opera Mini for many years placed into the desktop versions for the benefit of laptop and netbook users on slow wireless connections or dialup users in poor countries and remote areas.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones
- Shivering boffins nail Earth's coldest spot
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default