Vodafone has been working with Opera to customise Opera Mini for use on its networks in the developing world, pushing the mobile internet to those unfamiliar with the fixed alternative. The project will roll out in India, South Africa, Turkey, Tanzania and Egypt, and involves providing the Java-based Opera Mini along with …
What advertising-based revenue model?
And Opera Turbo isn't Opera Mini. I think the writer of this blog doesn't quite know what Opera is. Turbo is the compression technology that has been at the heart of Opera Mini for many years placed into the desktop versions for the benefit of laptop and netbook users on slow wireless connections or dialup users in poor countries and remote areas.
- Vid Hubble 'scope scans 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Apple to grieving sons: NO, you cannot have access to your dead mum's iPad