A leaked Western Digital technical spec describes a larger capacity and faster VelociRaptor drive. VelociRaptor is WD's 2.5-inch enterprise SATA drive that spins at 10,000rpm, holds up to 300GB and comes with a 3Gbit/s SATA interface. It can be bought with a 3.5-inch bay mounting frame. The faster VelociRaptor is expected to …
Aside from SSD for things like gaming or using the disk as a buffer for large processing/calculations this HD should be really nice.
15mm means 3 platters at 200GB each...
9.5mm height...2 platters. 15mm height...3 platters. The excellent review site run by a certain Mr. A. Shimpi even has a table that states "200GB per platter".
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?