A leaked Western Digital technical spec describes a larger capacity and faster VelociRaptor drive. VelociRaptor is WD's 2.5-inch enterprise SATA drive that spins at 10,000rpm, holds up to 300GB and comes with a 3Gbit/s SATA interface. It can be bought with a 3.5-inch bay mounting frame. The faster VelociRaptor is expected to …
Aside from SSD for things like gaming or using the disk as a buffer for large processing/calculations this HD should be really nice.
15mm means 3 platters at 200GB each...
9.5mm height...2 platters. 15mm height...3 platters. The excellent review site run by a certain Mr. A. Shimpi even has a table that states "200GB per platter".
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network