Toshiba is readying itself to produce flash with a sub-30nm process, trying to catch up with Intel and Micron's 25nm process. Reuters reports from a Nikkei story that Toshiba will intro 29-25nm process flash product in the second half of this year and a 24-20nm product perhaps as early as 2012. Toshiba currently produces flash …
"Intel and Micron announced a 25nm process earlier this year and are using the lower cost per chip to increase their profits rather than lower prices."
Ah, capitalism at its finest. And of course, the inevitable next report (some months down the road): "Now, with multiple manufacturers releasing flash chips in the sub-30nm range, prices have finally started to fall [slightly] on the large-profit-margin Intel and Micron-based SSDs."
Greedy coporate pirates. :)
Re: Corporate Scum
I agree. Burn their factory down and give the ashes to the workers. Filthy capitalists charging market rates on limited production.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs