The Blu-ray Disc Association has taken a couple of new disc formats out of their wrappers, one aimed at the broadcasting business, the other at consumers. Not, we have to say, that there's a compelling reason for ordinary folk to buy into IH-BD - it stands for Intra-Hybrid Blu-ray Disc. It combines a single-layer pre-recorded BD …
Engadget thinks not (based on their automatic hatred of Blu-Ray because it killed HD DVD).
However BDXL is apprently based off the Pioneer 400GB 10layer tech (cut back to get it sooner to market) that IS PS3 compatible...
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- Microsoft reveals Xbox One, the console that can read your heartbeat