The Blu-ray Disc Association has taken a couple of new disc formats out of their wrappers, one aimed at the broadcasting business, the other at consumers. Not, we have to say, that there's a compelling reason for ordinary folk to buy into IH-BD - it stands for Intra-Hybrid Blu-ray Disc. It combines a single-layer pre-recorded BD …
Engadget thinks not (based on their automatic hatred of Blu-Ray because it killed HD DVD).
However BDXL is apprently based off the Pioneer 400GB 10layer tech (cut back to get it sooner to market) that IS PS3 compatible...
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Hate Facebook? Hate it enough to spend $9k fleeing it? Web 'country club' built for the rich