The Blu-ray Disc Association has taken a couple of new disc formats out of their wrappers, one aimed at the broadcasting business, the other at consumers. Not, we have to say, that there's a compelling reason for ordinary folk to buy into IH-BD - it stands for Intra-Hybrid Blu-ray Disc. It combines a single-layer pre-recorded BD …
Engadget thinks not (based on their automatic hatred of Blu-Ray because it killed HD DVD).
However BDXL is apprently based off the Pioneer 400GB 10layer tech (cut back to get it sooner to market) that IS PS3 compatible...
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update