Feeds

back to article Ukrainian cybercrime-friendly ISP hit by fire after clean-up

A Ukrainian ISP hit by fire over the weekend was in the process of cleaning up its act after earlier being labelled as a leading haven for cybercrime, PC World reports. Odessa-based Hosting.ua was hit by a fire on March 27 that resulted in severe damage to its infrastructure and took it offline. HostExploit.com, which tracks the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Alert

and for those of you that want to block them anyway...

hosting.UA IP addresses are:

078.109.016.000 - 020

187.086.000.000 - 015

194.054.088.000 - 022

213.155.000.000 - 019

normal malware spamming will resume shortly.

Gold badge
Joke

Well, well

The Odessa fire. I don't think I've seen that one.

Pirate

Not Da Boy Scouts...

I suspect that some of their former customers may have gotten a bit upset at their attempt at disengagement.

Expect more of the same, including murder. The Russians are a tough crowd, and it's been a long time since spotty-faced kids were the ones doing the hacking.

Just wait until the rival gangs start going after each other, like we have in the US...

Flame

Just a matter of time

"Expect more of the same, including murder."

All the more reason for law enforcement (or vigilantes, doesn't matter) to track down the *real* people behind this stuff and nail their sorry asses to the wall. How bad do things have to get before governments/etc wake up? Probably pretty bad, like a crosswalk where dozens of people have to get run over and killed before the powers-that-be deign to install a stoplight.

J 3
Joke

Hey!

Now I know how the 419 attempts are written: using Google translation! Looks just like it...

Gold badge
Joke

In America you leave ISP

In Russia, ISP leaves you.*

Or tries too. Be *very* weary of signing a contract with *any* Russian company with a "termination" clause. It might not be what you think.

Pirate

Destroy the evidence

"fire alarms at the site may have been deliberately disconnected"

Maybe the owners trying to cover their tracks even more. Who knows what *else* might have been on the servers there.... hmm.... or not.

Happy

good effort from someone...

next time do a better job.

Might I suggest a touch of thermite?

This topic is closed for new posts.