back to article Nokia N97 Mini

Despite it's name, this cut-down version of Nokia's chunky N97 actually only knocks a few milliemtres off the original, though it is a good 12g lighter. It's a wee bit thicker, though, because it's packing a sliding Qwerty keyboard. That keyboard's an odd one, though, cramming its 38 keys into just three lines. The keys, of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Linux

Guide already out of date?

I replaced my E90 with an N900 a couple of months back. While a think I preferred the E90 keyboard, the N900 integrates seamlessly into the Linux desktop computer. ALL of the hassle of the older phone has gone, and I'm much more productive.

Silver badge

Ummm...

I'm not sure if this is a case of bad information, or just good old fashioned bad phrasing...

"N97 Mini: Despite it's name, this cut-down version of Nokia's chunky N97 actually only knocks a few milliemtres off the original, though it is a good 12g lighter. It's a wee bit thicker, though, because it's packing a sliding Qwerty keyboard."

The original N97 has a keyboard too... The mini is actually 1.7mm thinner.

If you really want to compare then - The mini loses the navigation pad to the left of the keyboard, has only 8GB flash storage (N97 has 32GB), has a smaller screen 3.2" vs 3.5", has a smaller battery (but somehow slightly better standby time).

FAIL

All good points...

They also goofed by implying that you needed a constant data connection yo use Ovi maps. And you don't. As they said, yes you can side load the maps, and after that you can use them fully without any need for a data connection...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums