There's no denying that HTC's slightly long in the tooth - it first appeared back in June 2009 - is something of a brute and it's easily the biggest and heaviest device in our test, though it does its best to hide this with its nicely curved edges. HTC Touch Pro2 But there are times when size matters, and an easy-to-use …
You can't be serious with this verdict of yours. Sure, Touch Pro 2 may have the largest keyboard but using the WM 6.1 is a royal pain. I have no problem whatsoever with using an older handset but using a WM 6.1 handset today is downright masochistic!
You know nuffink
HTC hide the Windows so far away with their own software that you rarely notice what OS it is. The Touch Pro 2 is the best phone for anybody that wants to use email or the internet on their phone. The keyboard is easy to use and the clear touch screen is vast. All the other phones with their three and four row keyboards are just playing at it compared to this.
Better camera would be nice though.
@ Dave Oliver and phantasy - with all this talk of the "ageing Windows Mobile 6.1", clearly neither of you are aware that
1) Touch Flo is now called Sense.
2) HTC issued a free upgrade to WM6.5 for the TP2 last October (with Sense 2.1)
3) HTC issued a further upgrade last month to Sense 2.5.
New TouchPro 2's from Vodafone come preinstalled with WinMo 6.5, and for all others there is an update on HTC's website.
With HTC's TouchFlow, it runs perfectly well, and is more responsive and easier to use than the iPhone!
Further TP2 upgrades
For the more adventurous on TP2, you can update to a third-party ROM with even later WM 6.5 and Sense 2.5, with a bunch of additional features. I run EnergyROM:
and it's been very good to me.
For giggles, you can also run Android on the TP2, though it's missing some key features up to now (Bluetooth, GPS, sound apart from during calls, for instance). See http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=627997 .
Must admit, though, I'd trade it in for a native Android (or Meego...) device with a Snapdragon CPU, if there were any with a decent hardware keyboard.
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network