We were hoping the passive 3D TV LG announced today - the LD950 - might provide punters on a budget a way to experience 3D at home. But no such luck. According to LG, the 47in set will retail for between "£1500 and £2500" when it goes on sale in May. Even at the bottom of that rather wide range, the LD950 is still a long way …
With each eye only receiving half the light being pumped out by the set, wouldn't this result in very dark images or the need for a massively bright backlight?
Passive 3d... not Active 3d.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Analysis BlackBerry's turnaround relies on a secret weapon: Its own network
- Hire and hold IT staff in 2015: The Reg's how-to guide