We were hoping the passive 3D TV LG announced today - the LD950 - might provide punters on a budget a way to experience 3D at home. But no such luck. According to LG, the 47in set will retail for between "£1500 and £2500" when it goes on sale in May. Even at the bottom of that rather wide range, the LD950 is still a long way …
With each eye only receiving half the light being pumped out by the set, wouldn't this result in very dark images or the need for a massively bright backlight?
Passive 3d... not Active 3d.
- Apple's spamtastic iBeacon retail alerts launch with Frisco FAIL
- Submerged Navy submarine successfully launches drone from missile tubes
- Cache in the Attic El Reg's contraptions confessional no.2: Tablet PC, CRT screen and more
- Developer unleashes bowel-shaking KILLER APP for Google Glass
- Pix Astroboffins spot HOT, YOUNG GIANT where she doesn't belong