We were hoping the passive 3D TV LG announced today - the LD950 - might provide punters on a budget a way to experience 3D at home. But no such luck. According to LG, the 47in set will retail for between "£1500 and £2500" when it goes on sale in May. Even at the bottom of that rather wide range, the LD950 is still a long way …
With each eye only receiving half the light being pumped out by the set, wouldn't this result in very dark images or the need for a massively bright backlight?
Passive 3d... not Active 3d.
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE