We were hoping the passive 3D TV LG announced today - the LD950 - might provide punters on a budget a way to experience 3D at home. But no such luck. According to LG, the 47in set will retail for between "£1500 and £2500" when it goes on sale in May. Even at the bottom of that rather wide range, the LD950 is still a long way …
With each eye only receiving half the light being pumped out by the set, wouldn't this result in very dark images or the need for a massively bright backlight?
Passive 3d... not Active 3d.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?