We were hoping the passive 3D TV LG announced today - the LD950 - might provide punters on a budget a way to experience 3D at home. But no such luck. According to LG, the 47in set will retail for between "£1500 and £2500" when it goes on sale in May. Even at the bottom of that rather wide range, the LD950 is still a long way …
With each eye only receiving half the light being pumped out by the set, wouldn't this result in very dark images or the need for a massively bright backlight?
Passive 3d... not Active 3d.
- iPad? More like iFAD: This is why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Major problems beset UK ISP filth filters: But it's OK, nobody uses them