Apple's iPad, set for US release this Saturday, may not support Adobe Flash, but that hasn't stopped one mobile ad firm from ensuring that its customers' Flash-based content will play on Cupertino's "magical and revolutionary" device. Greystripe, which refers to itself as "the leading rich media mobile advertising network" - …
A Flash ad that isn't Flash....
That'd be an animated GIF then?
Beat me to it!
"Flash Pro CS5 will include a capability called Packager for iPhone that will convert ActionScript 3 projects into native iPhone apps"
This might be OK if you are simply used to CSx and want to develop iphone apps without having to use apples own tools but it will do nothing to "save flash" because the code produced will not be actually be "Flash" and more importantly, it can't be used on the internet*
* Unless apple allows/provides an appropriate plugin for safari and if they were willing to do that then adobe wouldn't be going through these motions in the first place.
Just wanted to point out that the developer is still using Flash to author content. That's the part of the chain that makes Adobe money so in practical terms these capabilities will help keep Flash relevant for a little while.
Mainly because people using iphones and browsing keep pressing the wrong thing with their fat fingers? (I'm not saying iphone users in particular have fat fingers, only that it's pretty easy to miss)
Flash on iPhone
Could be funny. Imagine a typical flash app made for much bigger screens and then try to scroll around without scrollbars!
After you've got it onto your phone on a shaky 3G connection and the CPU started to display something and the battery still contains some juice.
Where are all the "YAY! No Flash adverts folks now?"
so... you can have psudo-flash-adverts on a iPad... maybe this has nothing to do with protecting you all from "punch the monkey" ads, and is really about makeing sure your latest "Flatulence Simulator" makes apple it's fee.
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip