back to article Sony Ericsson Vivaz

Sony Ericsson's latest style phone certainly cuts a dash with its unique curvy shape. But its focus is on HD video capture, rather than just movie viewing, with its 8.1Mp stills camera also capable of recording moving images in 720p HD. With Wi-Fi, HSDPA 3G, A-GPS and social networking apps, the Vivaz adds up to much more than a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Neill Mitchell

Symbian is not the GUI!

"There's still that annoying thing with Symbian where lists require a double press, while icons need only a single press"

How many times El Reg, do you have to be told that Symbian is the OS layer. The GUI is Nokia's (pretty ancient and crappy) S60.

Hopefully the upcoming QT interface will address S60's shortcomings. Gawd knows why it is taking them so long. It's their only hope they have of finally competing with the iPhone and Android.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Qt

Qt isn't an interface.

S60 is hardly ancient. I still prefer using my S60v3 phone to even Android. Android looks and runs like Windows 95.

1. Neill Mitchell

Okay...

Okay, so the new GUI is being built on the Qt cross-platform application and UI framework if you want precision. I'm sure anyone reading would know what was meant.

So you prefer S60v3. Wow, each to their own I guess. That came in 2005 no? In the mobile world that is ancient. Of course you haven't mention which feature pack of S60v3 you mean, but they all look and feel the same anyway I guess.

Of course S60v5 is "newer", but it's built on the same old stuff and has the same look and feel and weird quirks.

At least we've had no smug iPhone GUI replies to this.

Anyway, onwards and upwards hopefully/eventually.

2. Kevin7
    Stop

Too big, too dear...

You can get a camera better than the one on the phone for less than £150, they don't make economic sense to me.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Uhm...

True.

In fact why don't we all just get a seperate DAP, PDA, camera and phone altogether?

2. aa

Hi

sorry to sound like such a nood but when i record hd video on the sony erikson viviaz how can I watch it on my hd tv? will I need to burn it too blueray or hd dvd

3. Stu
    WTF?

Holy s**t!

What the hell happened to that bus!? It looks like the driver lost control and perhaps ploughed through some pedestrians! Fill us in Dave! ;-)

I'm loving your gutsy filming of those ladies doing the exercises, i'd feel like a perv! You then subtly turn to film an old man who clearly objected to being filmed but was too British to speak up about you following him round, I'm not sure I'd be so gutsy! Old folk like that probably wont be as gentlemanly as to not give you a thump for it!

About the camera, kinda washed out imagery (video only?) all round. Perhaps it prefers sunny days. I think my iPhone 3Gs video would look better in the same daylight scenarios, albeit not capable of 720p or being any good after dark.

4. blackworx
    Thumb Down

Looks alright

But it's clearly no 6310i

5. aa

hi

sorry for being a noob but I was just wondering if I record a video on my sony erikson viviaz in HD and I then want to watch it on my HD tv or my HD computer screen will I need to burn it to bluray or HD dvd

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like