Bob Gilbert has resigned as chairman of Nominet, the non-profit company in charge of the .uk domain registry, it was announced today. The retired commercial solicitor is stepping down after almost five years in the job, which attracted an £80,000 salary in 2008. He was brought in as an internet industry outsider as Nominet …
Nothing can go wrong with a name like that :)
But with less fumbling the silly song and dance compromising nominet to prevent further compromise might not have been necessairy. But then again, with enough spin it at least makes for a nice CV entry. Well done then.
Most non-members don't realise the crap that's been going on at Nominet.
Watch them - a few very nasty, bullying members of the board.
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Did Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked