Bob Gilbert has resigned as chairman of Nominet, the non-profit company in charge of the .uk domain registry, it was announced today. The retired commercial solicitor is stepping down after almost five years in the job, which attracted an £80,000 salary in 2008. He was brought in as an internet industry outsider as Nominet …
Nothing can go wrong with a name like that :)
But with less fumbling the silly song and dance compromising nominet to prevent further compromise might not have been necessairy. But then again, with enough spin it at least makes for a nice CV entry. Well done then.
Most non-members don't realise the crap that's been going on at Nominet.
Watch them - a few very nasty, bullying members of the board.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- Driverless car SQUADRONS to hit Britain in 2015