Bob Gilbert has resigned as chairman of Nominet, the non-profit company in charge of the .uk domain registry, it was announced today. The retired commercial solicitor is stepping down after almost five years in the job, which attracted an £80,000 salary in 2008. He was brought in as an internet industry outsider as Nominet …
Nothing can go wrong with a name like that :)
But with less fumbling the silly song and dance compromising nominet to prevent further compromise might not have been necessairy. But then again, with enough spin it at least makes for a nice CV entry. Well done then.
Most non-members don't realise the crap that's been going on at Nominet.
Watch them - a few very nasty, bullying members of the board.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops