Bob Gilbert has resigned as chairman of Nominet, the non-profit company in charge of the .uk domain registry, it was announced today. The retired commercial solicitor is stepping down after almost five years in the job, which attracted an £80,000 salary in 2008. He was brought in as an internet industry outsider as Nominet …
Nothing can go wrong with a name like that :)
But with less fumbling the silly song and dance compromising nominet to prevent further compromise might not have been necessairy. But then again, with enough spin it at least makes for a nice CV entry. Well done then.
Most non-members don't realise the crap that's been going on at Nominet.
Watch them - a few very nasty, bullying members of the board.
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- I KNOW how to SAVE Microsoft. Give Windows 8 away for FREE – analyst
- Geek's Guide to Britain How the UK's national memory lives in a ROBOT in Kew