Bob Gilbert has resigned as chairman of Nominet, the non-profit company in charge of the .uk domain registry, it was announced today. The retired commercial solicitor is stepping down after almost five years in the job, which attracted an £80,000 salary in 2008. He was brought in as an internet industry outsider as Nominet …
Nothing can go wrong with a name like that :)
But with less fumbling the silly song and dance compromising nominet to prevent further compromise might not have been necessairy. But then again, with enough spin it at least makes for a nice CV entry. Well done then.
Most non-members don't realise the crap that's been going on at Nominet.
Watch them - a few very nasty, bullying members of the board.
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Boffins say they've got Lithium batteries the wrong way around
- Game Theory Half a BILLION in the making: Bungie's Destiny reviewed
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Phones 4u slips into administration after EE cuts ties with Brit mobe retailer