NASA has announced that it will extend its contract with Computer Sciences Corporation to provide "supercomputing support services" at the Ames Research Centre in California. The Ames Centre is home to NASA's Advanced Supercomputing Division, which ranks high in the HPC league tables. The Division's "Pleiades" cluster, boasting …
Not announced today
. . . and host NASA's own larger, faster copy of EVE Online
57 million for 1 year support on 56 thousand cores is $1000/(core-year) for support. Seems a little steep if support doesn't involve replacing a lot of hardware or paying the electricity bill.
$1,000 per core, per year for support. So I guess that means the machine cost a billion dollars if you use typical support cost of 20% of purchase price?
$156,000 per DAY for support. Hard to imagine.
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Did Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked