NASA has announced that it will extend its contract with Computer Sciences Corporation to provide "supercomputing support services" at the Ames Research Centre in California. The Ames Centre is home to NASA's Advanced Supercomputing Division, which ranks high in the HPC league tables. The Division's "Pleiades" cluster, boasting …
Not announced today
. . . and host NASA's own larger, faster copy of EVE Online
57 million for 1 year support on 56 thousand cores is $1000/(core-year) for support. Seems a little steep if support doesn't involve replacing a lot of hardware or paying the electricity bill.
$1,000 per core, per year for support. So I guess that means the machine cost a billion dollars if you use typical support cost of 20% of purchase price?
$156,000 per DAY for support. Hard to imagine.
- Twitter: La la la, we have not heard of any NUDE JLaw, Upton SELFIES
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Is that a 64-bit ARM Warrior in your pocket? No, it's MIPS64
- Apple to devs: NO slurping users' HEALTH for sale to Dark Powers
- Apple 'fesses up: Rejected from the App Store, dev? THIS is why