HP managers will be celebrating this morning - a threatened two-day strike by 1,000 members of the Public and Commercial Services union has been cancelled. The industrial action was due today and tomorrow (Tuesday) but has been suspended to allow talks to continue. Jim Hanson, PCS national officer for HP, said progress had been …
Wow I'm impressed
I didn't realise unions existed in the IT sector.
When you get a smiling picture e-mail of an American earning 1000x as much as you saying no pay rise under any circumstances in a highly profitable company 2 years in a row
It's mainly former civil servants who were moved into the private sector and encouraging people they work with to join their union PCS. I think there are some Unite members in HP as well but as you say not many members. Happy the IA is suspended, let's hope it stays that way...
Bunch of work shy idiots if you ask me!
Still, a nice cup of tea, a biscuit and todays newspapers awaits you at your desk when you return from the picket line! But it's all okay, the rest of us will carry on doing all the heavy lifting!
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders