HP managers will be celebrating this morning - a threatened two-day strike by 1,000 members of the Public and Commercial Services union has been cancelled. The industrial action was due today and tomorrow (Tuesday) but has been suspended to allow talks to continue. Jim Hanson, PCS national officer for HP, said progress had been …
Wow I'm impressed
I didn't realise unions existed in the IT sector.
When you get a smiling picture e-mail of an American earning 1000x as much as you saying no pay rise under any circumstances in a highly profitable company 2 years in a row
It's mainly former civil servants who were moved into the private sector and encouraging people they work with to join their union PCS. I think there are some Unite members in HP as well but as you say not many members. Happy the IA is suspended, let's hope it stays that way...
Bunch of work shy idiots if you ask me!
Still, a nice cup of tea, a biscuit and todays newspapers awaits you at your desk when you return from the picket line! But it's all okay, the rest of us will carry on doing all the heavy lifting!
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- Opinion So, Apple won't sell cheap kit? Prepare the iOS garden wall WRECKING BALL
- LinuxCon 2014 GitHub.io killed the distro star: Why are people so bored with the top Linux makers?
- Opinion IT blokes: would you say that LEWD comment to a man? Then don't say it to a woman
- 6 Obvious Reasons Why Facebook Will Ban This Article (Thank God)