Acer has set itself the target of grabbing 10 per cent of the enterprise server market after embracing AMD's make-or-break Opteron 6100 architecture today. The Taiwanese-owned, Italian-controlled vendor unveiled the AMD-loaded lineup, which spans from towers to rack-mounted HPC kit, at a press conference in Milan today. They …
48 cores and 512GB of memory - not sure that's enough yet...
Didn't anyone tell AMD
Really Acer Servers 10% of market surely they kid, Acer might manage 10% for home user PC's as most home users are clueless about IT. But servers are usually purchased by IT heads or those that know and they are unlikely to trust Acer for critical kit.
But hey I could be wrong......
AMD servers are great!
AMD servers are great, but HP, Dell and Lenovo refuse to sell high end AMD servers, just AMD single core servers. You can build a dual socket 2, 4 or 6 core AMD server cheaper than a single socket Intel server from these companies. I'm a NASA system integrator and they love AMD!!!
Nice to see your competitor had honor and told you . That and he probity wanted to see if intel was screwing him the same way.
- Review Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Proof the pen is mightier?
- Nuke plants to rely on PDP-11 code UNTIL 2050!
- Spin doctors brazenly fiddle with tiny bits in front of the neighbours
- Game Theory Out with a bang: The Last of Us lets PS3 exit with head held high
- That Microsoft-Nokia merger you've been predicting? It's no go