Staff at aged organisation Saga are all a-quiver this Friday in anticipation of a website meltdown when they start a live interview with Tory leader and grannies' favourite David Cameron. A spokesman for Saga told The Reg: "We're planning for a big surge in visitors but it is difficult to know how big." The interview has been …
Doing things properly?
Well, that's a lie - for a start their site is built using ASP...
As a SAGA target demographic I .....
...shall surely be voting YaHa Me Scurvy Shipmates if I get the choice. If not I guess I have to record a null vote somehow.
To get a good estimate...
'A spokesman for Saga told The Reg: "We're planning for a big surge in visitors but it is difficult to know how big."'
Just ask Alan Tichmarsh what his viewing figures were and divide by the proportion of OAP's who are 'online', et voila!
No idea what he's going to say....
but I bet he'll be saying it slowly and loudly so the old dears can understand him.
Mine's the one with the Wurther's Originals in the pocket
Worth of Werthers?
I'm genuinely Old, and I'd never heard of 'Werther's Original' anything, ever. For us it was 'Callard and Bowser's' butterscotch, whose packaging reminded one not to worry when the contents were mouldy, as "..that is part of this delectable confection." Can't buy it now, more's the pity - but the epithet lives on, in these H&S-blighted days.
"Oooohhh yayng mayn!"
"Quick Hilda, geyt Camerons trousers awfff."
"Oooohhh yaaayyyyng maaayyyyn!"
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Review Apple iPhone 6: Looking good, slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia