Feeds

back to article French suspect grilled over Obama Twitter hack

A French suspect has been arrested over accusations he hacked into the Twitter accounts of President Obama and other public figures, the BBC reports. The unnamed 25-year-old was questioned by French police after an arrest on Tuesday and following a months-long investigation involving the FBI. Investigators reckon the suspect …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
WTF?

Hmmm I feel a Darwin award winner here

How stoopid would you have to be to hack into possibility the most securely watched and protected individual in the world.

hmmm pretty stoopid I would imagine.

But 10 out of 10 for big balls

pity they are going to connect electrodes to them

FAIL

uhmm....

Surely it's not a Hack as such?

Guessing a "secret question"...heck in fact someone having what would be a considered a fairly important public facing feed with a security question that can be guessed by someone who's first language isn't even the same is pretty poor to start with..but then a twitter feed's hardly going to start wwIII or divulge state secrets now is it?

"Obama lost his mobile - could world leaders please call him on the new cell at xxxxxxxxxx"

"Obama things china should suck his chocolate salty ones, what you gonna do about it!*

"China declared war on USA."

Headmaster

Technicality

Maybe not a "hack" as such but he did gain access to accounts he shouldn't have. From the perspective of law enforcement that counts as hacking however you do it.

Bronze badge

Hmmmm

Wasn't there a Reagan faux-pas last century where he declared war on Russia, believing the mike was dead? erm.. Ah, there it is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reagan%27s_%22We_begin_bombing_in_five_minutes%22_joke

Silver badge
Alert

Dear Mr. President,

In the future, when answering a security question such as "What is your mother's maiden name?" Lie. It's ok, it really is. Why? Well, if you put Dunham, it isn't really that secure now is it? How did I know that? It's easy, there is this thing called Google and while nobody really knows how it works, it finds all kinds of things like that. No, you shouldn't worry about it, you have more pressing things such as how to maintain a Democrat majority after that whole health care fiasco. Yes, it really was and your opponents are screaming on the outside but have that smug joyous inner smile. Now then, stop wasting perfectly good tax dollars having the FBI coordinate with French police over a silly twit and take a basic lesson in online security.

Yours pal,

Eddy

Anonymous Coward

I'm not surprised...

... pressed the "password hint" link on one of our users' encrypted USB sticks and got "my pass word". Typed in "mypassword" and voilá...

This post has been deleted by its author

FAIL

So..

Would the FBI and <insert your countries police here> investigate it if your irrelevant mumblings on some pointless site were "hacked" into?

No? thought not.

Stop

Erm...

Shouldn't these sites send you an email to make you change your password. With things like yahoo mail where it *is* your email, it's understandable, but twitter?

Jobs Halo

Missed opportunity

As soon as he got in he should have used Twitter to declare war on Vatican City (Pop 821)

Bronze badge

lack of initiative

Hacked into the president's Twitter account and didn't post anything? Pathetic.

Anonymous Coward

Grill him until he's well done!

Are we using a gas grill or charcoal? Grill him until he's well done.

Alien

Gateway Hack

The incident is dangerous because the next step is hacking into Obama's TelePrompTer.

This topic is closed for new posts.