back to article Telcos to deliver VaaS

This is hilarious or sad, whichever way you look at it. Eyeing the Twitter feed last night, I saw someone had tweeted a question about whether carriers were going to be moving to VaaS – ‘Voice as a Service’. When I asked if this was a joke, the reply was that a couple of telcos in the US were already starting to use this …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
FAIL

English not your strong point?

It doesn't beg the question; it raises the question. FFS.

It was either that...

...or Voice2.0

Grenade

Not the first time....

Back in the day, when MP3 was just getting going and downloads were done over phone lines, some brain-free commentator opined that "phone lines just don't have the bandwidth to carry audio".

FAIL

Nope

"Is it just me that thinks this is all totally unhelpful nonsense?"

Nope, it's not just you.

(Provided by CaaS - Commentardery as a Service)

Stu
Megaphone

Well I think its unhelpful nonsense.

Google tells me VaaS is a UK contemporary florist based in the heart of Nottingham. Helpful?

I'm still trying to get my head around DaaS and (the other) SaaS, Datacentre as a Service and Storage as a Service.

Dead Vulture

No Problem with VaaS

I hope BT introduce it as an 'option' I can then *DROP* the Voice Element and have just wires only for LLU - something a great many UK broadband users have been ****SCREAMING**** for, for years! Line rental only with no need for some stupid voice calls package would be very welcome.

re Barrycudasuck

Barry they do it,

For the basic package

(just don't plug yer phone in)

Anonymous Coward

SAASAAS

I've just submitted a trademark application for SAASAAS

Software as a Service... as a Service

I'll be rich!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums