In direct response to a story published earlier this week by The Register regarding the OEM support for the upcoming dozen-core "Magny-Cours" Opteron 6100s and related chipsets, Advanced Micro Devices has been compelled to blog that there are indeed tier one server makers working away on servers that will use the new chip. AMD …
SM not a system maker
myself I wouldn't call supermicro a system maker. I've been using their stuff for a long time and keep up to date on their products and even now the extent of their systems is basically MB+chassis. They don't make a whole system (CPU/RAM/HD/expansion cards/etc) to sell, they leave the options up to the resellers.
I'd be very suprised...
..if HP are not doing them, being in mind how many HP Operteon machine we have in our racks.
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE