In direct response to a story published earlier this week by The Register regarding the OEM support for the upcoming dozen-core "Magny-Cours" Opteron 6100s and related chipsets, Advanced Micro Devices has been compelled to blog that there are indeed tier one server makers working away on servers that will use the new chip. AMD …
SM not a system maker
myself I wouldn't call supermicro a system maker. I've been using their stuff for a long time and keep up to date on their products and even now the extent of their systems is basically MB+chassis. They don't make a whole system (CPU/RAM/HD/expansion cards/etc) to sell, they leave the options up to the resellers.
I'd be very suprised...
..if HP are not doing them, being in mind how many HP Operteon machine we have in our racks.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: Redmond must let feds into foreign servers