In direct response to a story published earlier this week by The Register regarding the OEM support for the upcoming dozen-core "Magny-Cours" Opteron 6100s and related chipsets, Advanced Micro Devices has been compelled to blog that there are indeed tier one server makers working away on servers that will use the new chip. AMD …
SM not a system maker
myself I wouldn't call supermicro a system maker. I've been using their stuff for a long time and keep up to date on their products and even now the extent of their systems is basically MB+chassis. They don't make a whole system (CPU/RAM/HD/expansion cards/etc) to sell, they leave the options up to the resellers.
I'd be very suprised...
..if HP are not doing them, being in mind how many HP Operteon machine we have in our racks.
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- Review Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid: The plug-in for plutocrats
- Mozilla fixes CRITICAL security holes in Firefox, urges v31 upgrade