Scientists at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology have devised a potential chip-making technique that is the molecular equivalent of Doodles for Fun, a 1970s toy which kids used to make pictures by stretching coloured rubber bands on a pegged board. The MIT team's pegs are silicon posts etched onto a chip using a standard …
I for one welcome our new...
Complex self-assembled pattern using sparse commensurate template with locally varying motif....overlords.
mutually repelling, but attached to each other
So then, the real breakthrough is that they've invented marriage for molecules?
Interesting perspective, however I think you meant "shorter wavelengths".
And Moore's Law
braces itself for another punt into the long grass
It's like going back to the start.
You could draw a circuit on a piece of card with a graphite pencil. Connect the ends with battery and you have a circuit board.
Take a photo of a complex drawing and add a few gadgets and print in silver. A pcb fore runner.
Now the stuff is reverting to type with micro micro circuitry.
Next: Do it in diamonds. Well done whoever thought of that one.
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA