Five will not appear on Freeview HD before 2012 after the channel failed to satisfy broadcasting watchdog Ofcom that it is fully committed to HD. The capacity earmarked for the channel will likely go to the BBC, paving the way for an expansion of the Corporation's BBC HD channel. This week, it emerged the Ofcom recently …
day time programming ?
But the BBC HD channel is off during the day !
worse than off
It's even worse than that. The BBC HD channel spends most of its time broadcasting HD previews. i.e. using the bandwidth of several SD channels to broadcast stuff that no one wants to watch.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'