Netflix has canceled a contest designed to improve its movie recommendation system out of concern it might compromise the privacy of its customers. The decision was announced in a blog post, published Friday, by Netflix chief product officer Neil Hunt. A previous competition that handed over anonymous user data to more than 50, …
Any anonymous voting system is inherently and obviously flawed on the internets. Anything else is a violation of privacy. This is a classic case of "you can't have your cake and eat it too".
- HALF A BILLION TERRORISTS: WhatsApp encrypts ALL its worldwide jabber
- HUMAN DNA 'will be FOUND ON MOON' – rocking boffin Brian Cox
- Bang! You're dead. Who gets your email, iTunes and Facebook?
- YOU are the threat: True confessions of real-life sysadmins
- Blackpool hotel 'fines' couple £100 for crap TripAdvisor review