The Mountain View Chocolate Factory has unveiled an extensions gallery for Google Wave, the still-gestating browser-based app that crossbreeds email with IM and document sharing. First unveiled at a Google developer conference last May, Wave offers APIs for developing extensions to the platform and embedding its conversations in …
They are a load of shite.
Is that still around?
Haha. That's exactly what I said to myself.
Was unimpressed intiitally...
... but I must admit, having used it for a while Wave's growing on me. It has even pulled some of my friends away from Facebook messaging! I just wish it wasn't so damn slow.
Been there, done that...
... and I'm thoroughly underwhelmed. About the best use I can see is as a collaboration environment for a small, geographically diverse team. I think of it as a cross between pastebucket and a twitter stream. Something may come out of this experiment eventually, and I'm sure people will find uses for it, but I don't see it going mainstream until Google binds it inas an inescapable part of gmail... ;-)
- All ABOARD! Furious Facebook bus drivers join Teamsters union
- Review Samsung Galaxy Note 4: Spawn of Galaxy Alpha and a Note 3 unveiled
- Webcam hacker pervs in MASS HOME INVASION
- Bada-Bing! Mozilla flips Firefox to YAHOO! for search
- Nexus 7 fandroids tell of salty taste after sucking on Google's Lollipop