The Mountain View Chocolate Factory has unveiled an extensions gallery for Google Wave, the still-gestating browser-based app that crossbreeds email with IM and document sharing. First unveiled at a Google developer conference last May, Wave offers APIs for developing extensions to the platform and embedding its conversations in …
They are a load of shite.
Is that still around?
Haha. That's exactly what I said to myself.
Was unimpressed intiitally...
... but I must admit, having used it for a while Wave's growing on me. It has even pulled some of my friends away from Facebook messaging! I just wish it wasn't so damn slow.
Been there, done that...
... and I'm thoroughly underwhelmed. About the best use I can see is as a collaboration environment for a small, geographically diverse team. I think of it as a cross between pastebucket and a twitter stream. Something may come out of this experiment eventually, and I'm sure people will find uses for it, but I don't see it going mainstream until Google binds it inas an inescapable part of gmail... ;-)
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- Wall St's DROOLING as Twitter GULPS DOWN analytics firm Gnip