Ex-Sun open source veteran Simon Phipps has been elected to the board of directors at the Open Source Initiative (OSI) group. Phipps confirmed in a blog post today that he would start his new role on 1 April. On Monday he quit Oracle-owned Sun, where - prior to Larry Ellison's acquisition of the database firm - he had worked for …
Sun was a database firm?
... quit Oracle-owned Sun, where - prior to Larry Ellison's acquisition of the database firm ...
They did "own" MySQL, but I don't think that made them a database firm.
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Beijing leans on Microsoft to maintain Windows XP support
- Google's new cloud CRUSHES Amazon in RAM battle