Systems software seller CA is shelling out $350m in cash to buy Nimsoft, an outfit that makes monitoring tools for managed service providers - aka cloud providers. The move makes a certain amount of sense, given that CA's multi-decade business has been based on selling software for running and monitoring transactions, managing …
The funny part is that Nimbus is not actually that great at monitoring virtual installations, e.g., vSphere. CA will probably strip out the one truly excellent part of Nimsoft, the support side, and replace the experienced support technicians with Third World-based drones.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS