Systems software seller CA is shelling out $350m in cash to buy Nimsoft, an outfit that makes monitoring tools for managed service providers - aka cloud providers. The move makes a certain amount of sense, given that CA's multi-decade business has been based on selling software for running and monitoring transactions, managing …
The funny part is that Nimbus is not actually that great at monitoring virtual installations, e.g., vSphere. CA will probably strip out the one truly excellent part of Nimsoft, the support side, and replace the experienced support technicians with Third World-based drones.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Yes, UK. Johnny Foreigner has better mobe services than you