Systems software seller CA is shelling out $350m in cash to buy Nimsoft, an outfit that makes monitoring tools for managed service providers - aka cloud providers. The move makes a certain amount of sense, given that CA's multi-decade business has been based on selling software for running and monitoring transactions, managing …
The funny part is that Nimbus is not actually that great at monitoring virtual installations, e.g., vSphere. CA will probably strip out the one truly excellent part of Nimsoft, the support side, and replace the experienced support technicians with Third World-based drones.
- Nuke plants to rely on PDP-11 code UNTIL 2050!
- Spin doctors brazenly fiddle with tiny bits in front of the neighbours
- Game Theory Out with a bang: The Last of Us lets PS3 exit with head held high
- That Microsoft-Nokia merger you've been predicting? It's no go
- Microsoft breaks bug-bounty virginity in $100,000 contest