Google is now serving ads on the mobile incarnation of YouTube. Today, the Mountain View web giant announced that it has officially launched ads on the home, search, and browse pages of its mobile YouTube site (m.youtube.com) in the US and Japan. After running ad tests on the site that date back to at least the summer of 2008, …
How do Google make money with the iPhone's custom YouTube app?
The YouTube app on the iPhone is a custom one so there are no context sensitive adverts anywhere. How do Google make money from that, do Apple pay some sort of fee for it? Makes me wonder if they will want to make some amendments in the future...
Same on Hero
The HTC Hero comes with a YouTube app too. Don't know about other androids.
^^That's right, use an Evil Jobs icon even though what you seem to be complaining about is getting a YouTube application on your phone without having any adverts. Perhaps Steve should have listened to you and ensured that the application was littered with ads. Asshat.
Whats an "Ad"?
It's always a surprise to visit a web site on someone else's computer (without adblock) and see how bad the ads have gotten. Yikes! It's intolerable! Thankfully, adblock is very effective.
Its a way of deciding which companies to avoid like the plague.
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK