Last November, El Reg told you about how multicore chip maker Tilera was lining up its third round of venture capital funding, a $25m pile of cash that would include $10m from Taiwanese PC maker and server wannabe Quanta Computer. On Monday, when the funding finally closed, it turned out that chip maker Broadcom and the …
shot at the DARPA Petaflop Rack challenge?
As at 0.95W/core that looks pretty good.
But what is the Opterons MIPS rating?
Another Transmeta in Making
Tilera looks like another Transmeta to me
Damm, I could not remeber their name.
But you're right. Thanks for reminding me.
- IT bloke publishes comprehensive maps of CALL CENTRE menu HELL
- Nine-year-old Opportunity Mars rover sets NASA distance record
- Analysis Who is the mystery sixth member of LulzSec?
- Prankster 'Superhero' takes on robot traffic warden AND WINS
- Comment Congress: It's not the Glass that's scary - It's the GOOGLE