back to article Toshiba Satellite U500 Ducati Edition

When you think of Italian superbike marques, you think of the colour red - a vigorous, powerful, thrusting hue. Yet Toshiba has chosen to deck its Ducati-themed Satellite U500 out in - dare we say it, slightly feminine - white. Toshiba Satellite U500 Toshiba and Ducati: marque 'book pro? You can understand why. When Acer …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Gold badge
Joke

Ah, but it's a Ducati.

"...for a machine with a superbike brand, we'd have like to have seen a real speed demon."

Maybe they've just rigged it so all the electronics stop working if the weather's a bit damp? You know, the other thing that Ducati are world-famous for?

Flame

Another useless comparison

Why are reviews these days so completely useless?

The Acer is a 15" screen, the HP is a 15", the L450... that's right a 15" screen. Oh it's OK though because it's balanced out by just as useless data for the t110 and 1810TZ as they're both 11" screens. If I'm in the market to buy a 13" laptop (which I am), I don't need data for anything but a 13" screen!

pfft

All real Ducati's are RED with rock hard seats ! What sort of Ducati is 'white' with 'soft touch leather'??

Silver badge

Hmm

You're right about the colour. It might have made more sense like this: http://www.google.com.au/images?q=ducati+tricolore

Anonymous Coward

I don't want one.

Noisy as a Duc?

WTF?

How sad do you have to be ...

... to base your laptop purchasing decision on having a motorcycle branding ?

I suppose somebody might choose a ducati laptop to emphasise they are a free spirit, a renegade, born to be wild etc.

But I'd just assume they were a bit of a cokc not even capable of being a sunday afternoon, fairweather middle aged biker.

Flame

what are they doing..

Looks a little dull for having the Ducati brand doesnt it..

Their motorycles are almost timeless.. I love their design

Ex: http://harshad.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/ducati1098.jpg

I dont see how ducati goes along with such a dull design.. a ducati should not look boring.. IMHO.

Bronze badge
Flame

they got it all wrong

a Duc should be ridiculously overpriced, attract either complete poseurs or insane people with balls of steel, and be ultra high maintenance in both time and treasure-but when you ride it both scare the bejeezus out of you and thrill like nothing else. And it should be both red and loud, just like a vocally appreciative supermodel nymphomaniacal girlfriend.

The only thing in common with a modern Duc here is the logo and the tendency to attract poseurs.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums