So how, pay tell, does this circumvent apple's prohibition on interpreted code, with its on custom JS interpritation?
Dont get me wrong this is my wet dream, as PHP has made me possibly one of the laziest programmers on the platent. (strings.c, wtf i that?)
But then i saw the price tag, and frankly - for the price you could probably pay someone to write your a generic wrapper app.
Remember your going to have to cough up the $99 to apple if your want to have it on the app store anyway, why not cut out the extra annual fee (and potential to be lumbered with yet another revenue sharing licence)
So, a couple of answers to your questions:
- The interpreter is actually Apple's own, and it's compiled. In fact, everything is compiled down.
- There's no revenue share in any of our offerings.
- The price is for support and application analytics (Titanium Pro). Titanium Community (FREE) gives the developer the capability to build fully native apps in a fraction of the objC/Java code required.
- Snapost (sample app with source code available) and Grub.it (by Intridea) are two 1.0 apps just launched (and approved).
Thanks for your interest.
looks quite promising... an easy way to dip our toes into mobile app building, downloading now...
Titanium does look promising, but I hope they work on some documentation next. The current manual is full of empty placeholders and their demo projects do not compile or run on my setup.
We're working on it!
I know Jeff was working on http://developer.appcelerator.com/documentation until the wee hours of the night/morning, and Nolan's been working on a book version.
For better or worse, the Kitchen Sink project is often the best source of 'here's how to do it' sample code currently.
- IT bloke publishes comprehensive maps of CALL CENTRE menu HELL
- Nine-year-old Opportunity Mars rover sets NASA distance record
- Prankster 'Superhero' takes on robot traffic warden AND WINS
- Comment Congress: It's not the Glass that's scary - It's the GOOGLE
- Analysis Who is the mystery sixth member of LulzSec?