Intel will add additional security instructions to the Westmere server chips due later this month, the firm told journalists at Cebit today. Westmere-EP and the Nehalem-Ex chips also due in the next few weeks are Intel's two-fisted response to AMD's Magny-Cours launch, also due to hit IT managers this spring. At a briefing …
Replace 15 for 1, 4 year old servers?
So does it come with 45 - 60 PCI slots then? Excellent I'll get right onto it.
performance wise -intel has never ever
achieved that kind of performance increase.
as far as i remember it was ~ 20% on major performance jumps.
so 4 years with nehalem being a major jump and core2duo being the other...
i will it 200% top. and i'm generous.
maybe due to SSD/SAN performance increase... but that got nothing to do with processors...
obviously that translate to 15x performance increase in 4 years . right.
ex. intel employee who was watching their performance charts....
FAIL: "RAS features, including MAC recovery"
I guess that the use of a meaningless, unexplained Three Letter Acronym in " 'MAC' recovery " is a placeholder for
Machine Check Architecture (MCA) Recovery
Am i the Only One with a Hangover ?
we don,t need Killer $haRks we Need scalable, Reliable ,Exponential * Practically Implementable * Performance Increase Any Ideas ?
By the way as a Regular Vulture Supporter you Owe me a New Brain ...............................
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER