Google has reiterated that it's no longer willing to censor search results in China. But as it continues to censor search results in China, it's not quite sure when this will actually stop. In mid-January, as it told the world that alleged Chinese hackers had pilfered unspecified intellectual property from the company, Google …
Google could scan the interwebs from within China (i.e. behind the Firewall) then technically they would not be censoring the results and just be scanning a pre-censored internet.
I did feel it was a bit of bluff on the part of Google. I mean can you really imagine that a bunch of old men in Beijing really care if some American company is serving ads to the people or not. And I sure hope that Google were not banking on the people lying down in front of tanks rather than lose the ads from their PC's.
Google to stop censoring in China...
...was a Google PR stunt - nothing else. Many here said so when the news broke, and yep, we were right.
Fail - in lack of an evil Google icon.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast
- Tim Cook: The classic iPod HAD to DIE, and this is WHY