Google has reiterated that it's no longer willing to censor search results in China. But as it continues to censor search results in China, it's not quite sure when this will actually stop. In mid-January, as it told the world that alleged Chinese hackers had pilfered unspecified intellectual property from the company, Google …
Google could scan the interwebs from within China (i.e. behind the Firewall) then technically they would not be censoring the results and just be scanning a pre-censored internet.
I did feel it was a bit of bluff on the part of Google. I mean can you really imagine that a bunch of old men in Beijing really care if some American company is serving ads to the people or not. And I sure hope that Google were not banking on the people lying down in front of tanks rather than lose the ads from their PC's.
Google to stop censoring in China...
...was a Google PR stunt - nothing else. Many here said so when the news broke, and yep, we were right.
Fail - in lack of an evil Google icon.
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE