Sony Pictures Imageworks, the special effects company behind Alice in Wonderland 3D, is virtualising its filers behind Avere appliances. SPI has been in the computer-generated imagery (CGI) field since 1992 and worked on movies such as Die Hard With A Vengeance and Anger Management. It has a digital animation studio in Culver …
What a remarkable puff piece you've written there!
Avere not front Isilon
Glad to hear Avere is making some real progress with their scale-out caching appliance. We at Isilon love the approach!
To set the record straight, Sony is not fronting Isilon with their equipment. I spoke with Sony and they are only fronting NetApp filers across the WAN.
Just want to set the record straight. ;)
A small correction
Apparently Sony is *considering* using the Avere appliances in front of their Isilon clusters... but what they are really doing right now in using them in front of the NetApp appliances... I don't see that mentioned in the article.
It seems that they are trying out new tech... Doesn't NetApp have the same tech w/ FlexCache and PAM... a la the Avatar stuff @ WETA.
WETA uses BlueArc for their 34000 core render wall.....a la the Avatar stuff
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars