Sony Pictures Imageworks, the special effects company behind Alice in Wonderland 3D, is virtualising its filers behind Avere appliances. SPI has been in the computer-generated imagery (CGI) field since 1992 and worked on movies such as Die Hard With A Vengeance and Anger Management. It has a digital animation studio in Culver …
What a remarkable puff piece you've written there!
Avere not front Isilon
Glad to hear Avere is making some real progress with their scale-out caching appliance. We at Isilon love the approach!
To set the record straight, Sony is not fronting Isilon with their equipment. I spoke with Sony and they are only fronting NetApp filers across the WAN.
Just want to set the record straight. ;)
A small correction
Apparently Sony is *considering* using the Avere appliances in front of their Isilon clusters... but what they are really doing right now in using them in front of the NetApp appliances... I don't see that mentioned in the article.
It seems that they are trying out new tech... Doesn't NetApp have the same tech w/ FlexCache and PAM... a la the Avatar stuff @ WETA.
WETA uses BlueArc for their 34000 core render wall.....a la the Avatar stuff
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?
- Two million TERRIBLE PASSWORDS stolen by malware attackers