Google has added automatic translation and a more granular set of privacy options in the latest beta of its Chrome browser. The new additions are ready for user testing on the Chrome beta channel. The beta release, however, requires a machine running Windows Vista or XP SP2. Windows 7, Linux, and Mac users don't have the …
Those brilliant geezers forgot just one thing: how to turn this autotranslate nagbar crap off permanently! about:config way of hacking the settings is desperately needed in Chrome.
Easier translation for the stable release
You can download an extension for the stable release that does auto-translation using Google Translation services. Works quite well. I can understand why they decided to put it in as a built-in feature.
However, this is a dark and dangerous path. MS have embedded a whole bunch of unused tools in their browser in the past and this has caused much woe.
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Peak Apple: Mountain of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s ordered
- Students hack Tesla Model S, make all its doors pop open IN MOTION
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion