FalconStor and Violin have come up with a flash-based SAN accelerator featuring a dedicated cache area to speed up writes. Take one Violin 1010 flash memory appliance (a PCI-connected solid state drive) and have it fitted to a server running FalconStor's Network Storage Server Gateway and storage management software - the …
flash as cache?
"app doing the write is told it's completed before it's actually written to disk"
Uhmmm... don't most storage arrays worth their salt do exactly that?
Yes, most storage arrays use DRAM for write caching, but are limited to a few gigabytes due to the cost of DRAM. SAN Accelerator augments this with 500 GB to 4TB of flash memory.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- First Crack Bloke buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM