The profit margin on a virtual appliance is a lot higher than on a physical one, and when you own your own hypervisor, as Citrix Systems does, then that's two reasons to promote the running of appliance applications inside virtual machines. And so, after some dabbling last year, when it put its NetScaler network acceleration …
how hard can it be?
Second half of the year for hyper-v support and unknown future date for ESX support? The whole idea of this VM stuff is it's supposed to be portable, how complicated can it be to support the other hypervisors? Seems strange for the delay. I can understand them not supporting others at all because they may want to push more Xen, maybe that is what is behind it, to try to get the early adopters onto Xen or something.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'