The profit margin on a virtual appliance is a lot higher than on a physical one, and when you own your own hypervisor, as Citrix Systems does, then that's two reasons to promote the running of appliance applications inside virtual machines. And so, after some dabbling last year, when it put its NetScaler network acceleration …
how hard can it be?
Second half of the year for hyper-v support and unknown future date for ESX support? The whole idea of this VM stuff is it's supposed to be portable, how complicated can it be to support the other hypervisors? Seems strange for the delay. I can understand them not supporting others at all because they may want to push more Xen, maybe that is what is behind it, to try to get the early adopters onto Xen or something.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Microsoft refuses to nip 'Windows 9' unzip lip slip
- Tesla: YES – We'll build a network of free Superchargers in Oz
- US Copyright Office rules that monkeys CAN'T claim copyright over their selfies
- True fact: 1 in 4 Brits are now TERRORISTS