Patterned media is stepping closer with Molecular Imprints announcing and selling a system for pilot and low-volume manufacture. Hard disk drive (HDD) Perpendicular recording will crash into a barrier as its magnetised domains get smaller and smaller heading to and beyond 800-900Gbit/sq in areal densities. The problem is that …
"800-900Gbit/sq in areal densities"
Gigabits per square what?
Paris, because she knows her units.
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Justin Bieber BEGGED for a $200k RIM JOB – and got REJECTED
- Review Bigger on the inside: WD’s Tardis-like Black² Dual Drive laptop disk
- Inside Steve Ballmer’s fondleslab rear-guard action