Google grappled with erratic Gmail behavior this morning for a "significant subset" of users who receive their mail via POP from external mail providers into Gmail. The company posted notice on its Apps Status Dashboard that users were experiencing "error messages and/or other unexpected behavior" when attempting to fetch …
To fail or not to fail, probably both but..
Can we really call gmail; gfail .. out of all the large free 'email providers' I have used over the time gmail's failures are a fairly uncommon when you consider its userbase size. (Not to pick fault of course :) )
That `1' should be a `0' then, no?
This started affecting me
since they added Buzz to my account. I mean when *they* added Buzz, I haven't signed up for it.
It is really aggravating. I have my own domain, and I'd like to just point the MX record at Google, bypassing POP entirely. But even when you pay for an "enhanced" Gmail account, it just gives you a POP account on Postini, which gets polled *every hour* by Gmail, through POP. If it is a service entirely internal to Google, can't they come up with something better than that???
You haven't got it right
@Voodoo Trucker. If thats what you're seeing you don't have it configured properly. I have configured GAPPS for a number of business and if you do it right, it doesn't work like that!
Thank you for that workplace accident counter
first proper laugh of the day
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?