There hasn’t been a lot of talk yet from Oracle about their plans for HPC now that the Sun purchase has been consummated - so what's going on? From what I can tell, it’s not that Oracle is necessarily holding anything back; it’s more that its approach to the market is still being shaped up. The big job was getting the systems …
Looks like lustre will survive: http://lists.lustre.org/pipermail/lustre-announce/2010-February/000240.html
HPC could be an appliance play... So oracle probably is interested.
Lustre survies: http://lists.lustre.org/pipermail/lustre-announce/2010-February/000240.html
HPC could be an appliance play at the low-end/midrange. So I see oracle as interested.
Got a thread race going...
Sun disappeared from HPC years ago
except for a few give away AMD systems Sun left HPC and Oracle has no interest in the losing money game.
So what was the net of this article? No clue and still no clue?
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs