Add prominent blogger Cory Doctorow to the list of people successfully phished by a new Twitter worm that's making the rounds. The co-editor of Boing Boing surrendered his Twitter password to scammers after receiving a direct message from one of his contacts that included little more than the text "This you????" and a shortened …
"each successful phish results in ever more attempts"
...only if the phishee has followers...
Isn't that a given if you're prominent on Twitter?
Not the best of weeks for Cory
I understand that Boing Boing's much-vaunted court win against MagicJack has, erm, cost them money
If this domain is known to be used by phishers, why hasn't ICANN or the registrar shut it down, or at least fed the IP addresses and details of people administering it to Interpol?
If a robot replaced Cory Doctorow...
How could anybody tell?
I suppose the writing would improve.
How to tell if it;'s real Cory or robot Cory
Q: Has the Cory told you about the latest edition of his latest book?
A: If it has, it's real Cory.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests