Add prominent blogger Cory Doctorow to the list of people successfully phished by a new Twitter worm that's making the rounds. The co-editor of Boing Boing surrendered his Twitter password to scammers after receiving a direct message from one of his contacts that included little more than the text "This you????" and a shortened …
"each successful phish results in ever more attempts"
...only if the phishee has followers...
Isn't that a given if you're prominent on Twitter?
Not the best of weeks for Cory
I understand that Boing Boing's much-vaunted court win against MagicJack has, erm, cost them money
If this domain is known to be used by phishers, why hasn't ICANN or the registrar shut it down, or at least fed the IP addresses and details of people administering it to Interpol?
If a robot replaced Cory Doctorow...
How could anybody tell?
I suppose the writing would improve.
How to tell if it;'s real Cory or robot Cory
Q: Has the Cory told you about the latest edition of his latest book?
A: If it has, it's real Cory.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan